Oluyemi acts as a transactional and advisory corporate counsel, advising diverse clients on matters pertaining to finance and projects in the financial, energy, and natural resources sectors in Nigeria. He assists clients with negotiating, drafting and reviewing several commercial agreements and resolving complex issues that arise in commercial transactions.
He also acts for clients on a wide range of corporate, licensing and regulatory compliance issues. He is accustomed in advising for both contentious and non-contentious matters.
Experience has included advising:
- Oando Oil Limited in the USD425 million RBL Facility provided by African Export-Import Bank (Afrexim).
- Two International DFIs in respect of cross border financing of solar panel/off-grid power solutions involving an offshore holding company and Nigerian operating subsidiaries (scope included regulatory advice, project/technical/contracts documents, financing documents, security documents, foreign exchange, technical service etc.).
- EDP Renováveis, S.A on its equity investment in Rensource Holdings Inc. (the Company), to be effected through its purchase of shares of Series A Preferred Stock of the Company.
- First Bank of Nigeria Limited in the creation of legal interest in respect of the financing of four (4) aircrafts for one of the major airlines in Nigeria.
- Nigerian oil & gas company and its subsidiaries in a USD75 million RBL Facility taken by one of its subsidiaries from Standard Chartered Bank as the facility and security agent.
- Nigerian oil & gas company on its acquisition of interests in two marginal oil fields.
- Lagos State Government in the up to 360 Billion Naira (Approximately USD1 Billion) Loan Facilities provided by the major Banks in Nigeria. Work done included negotiation; drafting security documentations; a bridge loan, refinancing and commercial term Facility Agreement.
- Solophone in its loan syndication. Oluyemi structured, negotiated and drafted the multi-million-dollar credit agreement between SoloPhone, Adlevo capital and Kuramo Capital and other investors.
- A leading mortgage bank in Nigeria on the first-of-its-kind merger in the Mortgage sector in Nigeria.
- Oil Producers Trade Section – LCCI (Members include: Chevron, ExxonMobil, Total, Shell and Addax Petroleum, etc.) and some other Clients including a leading indigenous oil and gas company listed on both Nigerian and London stock exchanges. Led the team responsible for tracking legislative activities (plenary sessions) of the Nigerian National Assembly, sending regular review of bills and legislative updates to the OPTS.
Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria (2016)
- University of Buckingham, LLB (Hons) (2014)
- University of Lagos, B.Sc.2, Psychology (Hons) Nigeria (2012)
- 2016-2019: Associate, Streamsowers & Köhn, Lagos
- 2019 – till date: Associate, Olajide Oyewole LLP (A member of DLA Piper Africa), Lagos
Nigerian Bar Association