Access to financial services is a widely acknowledged tool for promoting credit creation and enhancing capital accumulation, and thereby increasing the levels of investment and economic activity. Fintech offers a transformational solution for Africa’s banking sector.
Taiwo Peregrino advises on issues relating to different financing structures (project and corporate finance), mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, regulatory compliance and energy.
He advises clients intending to set up business in Nigeria under the custom territory and free zone territory.
He advises clients in the financial services, construction and energy sectors.
He also represents clients in various courts in Nigeria on matters ranging from commercial disputes to employment disputes.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, an indigenous oil and gas company, in the acquisition of a multinationals interest in Nigeria
- As a team member, an international construction company, in the negotiation and formation of a joint venture company between a Nigerian free zone company
- As a team member, an upstream oil and gas company, in the divestment of its interest in a downstream entity
- As a team member, a foreign investor, in prefinancing due diligence in Nigeria
- As a team member, a foreign investor, in providing financing for a record label in Nigeria
- As a team member, a foreign investor, in providing financing for a local company involved in trade of petroleum products
- As a team member, a free zone entity, on the day-to-day running of its business in Nigeria
- As a team member, a FMCG company, in carrying out a due diligence in preparation for a restructuring
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria (2009)
- University of Hertfordshire, LL.M. (2012)
- University of Lagos, LL.B. (2008)
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association