Our lawyers in Zimbabwe offer a full range of real estate sector services including financing, fund formation, acquisitions and disposals, tax efficiency, land use, environmental law, planning and development, construction and leasing.
Real estate has emerged as an attractive long-term investment for investors seeking diversification and stable yields in an uncertain economy. As a sector, real estate must both compete with other investment classes and offer a desirable product to end-users whether they are buying or leasing.
Our clients benefit from our significant experience in orchestrating high value, long-term projects that involve complex structuring, facilitating negotiations, ensuring tax efficiency, navigating legal and regulatory issues and, when necessary, litigating on their behalf.
Experience has included advising:
- An international agricultural company in negotiating a management and financing agreement on a leasehold structure for agricultural property under a 99-year lease.
- A property developer on the construction of a low-density housing estate covering 6 million m2 in size, comprising of residential stands, light industrial stands, retail stands, commercial stands, leisure and hospital stands.
- Latitude Hotel Groups, who have resorts in Malawi, Zambia and Ethiopia on their proposed expansion into Zimbabwe.
- A property developer on the construction of a residential development situated in one of the upmarket suburbs in Harare.
- IDC SA on their financing of the 5 star Mbano Hotel located in Victoria Falls.
- Cardinal Corporation (Private) Limited in respect of their property development and commercial real estate business.
Pension funds are investment pools that provide their members with retirement income.