In his book “Tomorrow’s Lawyers”, Richard Susskind predicts the trajectory of the legal profession in light of Artificial Intelligence (“AI”) and technology advances.
Our lawyers work with many of Zimbabwe's leading technology companies, offering advice throughout a broad range of areas - from corporate transactions to IP protection, patent law and litigation, and including regulatory, compliance, employment and contracting issues.
From startups to fast growing and mid-market businesses to mature global enterprises, our clients are companies that develop or create technology, are enabled by technology, or whose business model is fundamentally based on technology.
We advise technology companies throughout the business life cycle. We help startups get organized and funded and assist both growing and established technology companies in employment matters, commercial and technology transactions and IP patent protection strategies.
Experience has included advising:
- TelOne, the biggest fixed telecommunication provider on PPP engagements in the deployment of the Fibre to the Home Broadband Access Infrastructure Project.
- A global satellite company on Mobile Satellite Services (MSS) specifically using 16.5 MHz of spectrum in the 2.4GHz band at 2483.5 – 2500MHz and ancillary terrestrial services.
- One of the top 5 technology companies in the US on a proposed set-up by that client of a dedicated server and related infrastructure in Zimbabwe, and whether this would expose the client to regulation as a telecommunications provider.
- A global telecommunications company in relation to the provision and licensing of certain telecommunications services in Zimbabwe.
- A PPP/joint venture partner to the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure Department in the procurement of the concession agreement for the development and maintenance of the computerized revenue collection system; the concession agreement for the Zimbabwe integrated transport management information system and the concession agreement for the computerized revenue billing system for various municipalities.
It is no secret that digital assets create a secure way for people to trade peer-to-peer, across borders without requiring expensive infrastructure.