Our energy and natural resources lawyers deliver to our clients the focused, innovative sector advice they need, in Zimbabwe and beyond.
We are entering an era of unprecedented demand for power generation and transmission, especially in Africa. This dynamic, together with the challenges we all face from climate change, is creating new opportunities for alternative energies and new technologies.
Our energy clients receive coordinated, across-the-board coverage for their needs, including construction and projects, corporate, competition, regulatory, contractual, trading, litigation/arbitration, dispute resolution and tax issues. We understand the technical, geographical, commercial and geopolitical factors that shape the industry and have first-hand access to contacts, sponsors and decision makers.
Experience has included advising:
- A client in respect of their acquisition of a controlling interest in a Zimbabwean hydrocarbons company which holds a Special Grant for the exploration of hydrocarbons, in respect of the development of resource deposits, and the evaluation of the geophysical and geotechnical composition of the mineral resources owned by the target.
- A DFI on a phased development of a 15 MW solar PV Project in Zimbabwe. Our mandate included conducting of a due diligence investigation on the local project company, bankability review of PPA, EPC and O&M contracts, advising on local regulatory landscape as well as assisting with general on-going legal transaction support.
- EMC Continental Zimbabwe (Private) Limited on the acquisition of a participating interest in a solar PV power generation project in the Middle Sabi region of Zimbabwe.
- Highlight deal adviser (IFLR1000 Energy and Infrastructure 2017)
- Rainor Robinson, Highly regarded (IFLR100 Energy and Infrastructure 2017, 2018, 2019)
Global efforts to eradicate dependency on finite fossil fuels have ushered renewable sources of energy to into the spotlight.
The largest Investing in African Mining Indaba officially kick started on the 4th of February for 4 days.
As a Corporate Law firm in Zimbabwe we are approached by various clients and potential clients who seek our guidance, not only on the general regulatory and compliance framework in Zimbabwe, but also on areas of opportunity that we see in the Zimbabwean economy.