By Presidential Decree no. 11/2020, of 30 March, the President of the Republic of Mozambique decreed the State of Emergency, on grounds of public calamity, throughout the country, with a duration of 30 days, effective as from 0.00 a.m. on 01 April 2020 and ending at 24.00 a.m. on 30 April 2020.
Derick Leitão de Sousa Alafo is a Lawyer of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Group. Provides legal assistance to national and foreign clients, natural and legal persons, in several areas related to litigation. He has acquired experience through internships and work in the following areas of law: Civil, Labour, Commercial, Administrative, Criminal and Insurance.
- Provision of legal assistance services on a wide range of litigation-related matters for private sector clients;
- Provision of legal and judicial assistance services, in defence of clients in civil, labour, commercial, criminal and administrative litigation;
- Preparation of procedural documents in several matters related to litigation;
- Processing of judicial credit recovery processes;
- Legal assistance in risk and compliance analysis;
- Preparation of Legal Opinions in matters related to corporate crimes, insolvency and judicial recovery of commercial entrepreneurs, recovery of credits and civil liability, insurance contracts, feasibility of checks without provision, among other matters related to litigation;
- Experience in conducting disciplinary proceedings, elaboration of employment contracts, among other documents relevant to the fulfilment of labour obligations;
- Participation in the investigation into sexual harassment in the labour sector and in communities.
- 2019-present, SAL & Caldeira Advogados, Lda. – Associate Lawyer
- 2019, Zaheer Lorgat, Advogados, Lda. – Associate Lawyer
- 2018-19, Anselmo Bila, Advogados, Lda – Associate Lawyer
- 2017-18, Companhia de Seguros da África Austral, SA. – Lawyer and Litigation Manager
- 2016-17, Shabir Catiara, Advogados, Sociedade Unipessoal, Lda – Legal Consultant and Trainee at Law
- 2015-16, Liga Moçambicana dos Direitos Humanos – Legal Assistant
- 2014-16, Centro de Prática Jurídica da Faculdade de Direito da Universidade Eduardo Mondlane – Legal Assistant
- Eduardo Mondlane University, Degree in Law (2016)
- Member of the Mozambican Bar Association (OAM).