Latifa Berta António Zandamela is a Lawyer, Consultant of the Tax Practice Group, she provides legal advice mainly in respect of Tax Law with focus in tax disputes, Investment regimes, double taxation agreements and tax international agreements, tax due diligences and tax regularization.
Recent activities include:
- Assistance in preparing requests for binding opinions from the Tax Authority;
- Legal assistance related to international double taxation issues;
- Assistance related to Tax refunds;
- Legal assistance related to Tax and Customs benefits;
- Legal assistance on Tax Planning;
- Legal assistance in the tax area;
- Conducting tax litigation processes before Tax, Customs and Administrative Courts;
- Assistance with tax regularization, representing clients interests before the tax administration;
- Trainer of various matters related to tax and public finances matters;
- SAL & Caldeira Advogados, Lda –Consultant. February 2023 – present
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Mozambique (PwC) – Tax & Legal Consultant. 2018 – January 2023
- United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) – Researcher. June 2021 – April 2022
- African Legal Support Facility (AfDB Commission) – Legal Consultant. March 2019 – December 2019
- Kaya Clinica Project Position – Trainee Legal Advisor. February 2016 – December 2017
- Participant in the training - Digital Trade - delivered by Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) - 2021
- Participant in the training - Extractive Industry Governance: Policy and Practice course – delivered by Africa Regional Extractive Industries Knowledge Hub - 2021
- Participant in the training on African Mining Legislation, delivered by African Legal Support Facility - 2018 in Kigali - Rwanda
- Member of Golden Heart and participant of Global Issues Service Summit by American International School of Mozambique - 2011
- Participant in the training Africa Energy Forum 2017 and member of EnergyNet Student Engagement Initiative, 2017 in Copenhagen - Denmark
- Student Consultant for the International Business Research South Africa and Mozambique – 2017
- Revue Juridique de l’Océan Indien - Taxation of Capital-Gains - R.J.O.I. 2020 n° 29 - December 2020.
- 1st place Winner of the Inter-regional Law research contest of Indian Ocean 2019 in Reunion Island
- 3rd Winner of the National Research Contest in Law of Securities and Financial Markets on Extractive Industry - 2018
- Member of Mozambique Bar Association.
- Volunteer and member of the steering group of the program End Ecocide on Earth - since 2017.