In this number you can read: "Step-in Rights in Concession Contracts in Mozambique", "The new Legal regime for Use of Maritime Space in Mozambique Given the Ongoing Projects", "Contracting and Development Process if the Renewable Energy Sector in Mozambique" and "Oil and Gas in Mozambique: General Principles if Procurement (Acquisition of Goods and Services".
Kaina Mussagy advises on the full spectrum of mining, energy and infrastructure matters including, structuring and establishment of mining and energy projects in Mozambique. She advises potential investors in those sectors (on regulatory matters, trends and practices of the government and / or public entities) and negotiates concession contracts with the government, advises on structuring of farm-in and farm-out agreements in relation to petroleum assets, advises concerning project finance and ensuring compliance with the obligations of the investors under the legislation and the concession contracts.
Kaina's clients range from the leading producers of minerals in Mozambique, such as graphite and rubies, to coal mining companies. She also advises the largest producer of hydroelectricity in Mozambique.
Experience has included advising:
- A large-scale project, in annulling the government's notice to revoke the company's mining concession and mining contract
- An Australian company, with the implementation of a large, greenfield site coal project
- One of the world´s largest mining companies, securing its mining concession
- A power producer with a pre-IPO due diligence
- The lenders (including IFC) in a prefinance due diligence of project license for a gas power project
- A sponsor in a 3,000 km gas pipeline project starting in northern Mozambique
- Acting as a mining concession representative for the regulators in all matters concerning compliance
- An oil and gas multinational, in a pre-farm-in agreement due diligence for acquisition of a participating interest in a petroleum concession
- A multinational, in acquiring an interest in a mining company and a rail and port operating company
- Advising a lead investor, in a new backbone transmission line with up to 3,000 MW capacity
- Assisting the petroleum operators' association, in negotiating the legal reform impacting petroleum operations
- Jurist (2006)
- Eduardo Mondlane University, Faculty of Law, Law Degree (2006)
- Member of the Mozambique Bar Association as a Candidate Attorney