Stela da Glória Cabral Silica is a Lawyer, Consultant of the Tax Practice Group, she provides legal advice mainly in respect of Tax and Customs Laws. Her assistance covers tax, customs, and administrative litigation. She has also acted in Commercial and Administrative, Labor, Corporate, Banking and Natural Resources.
- Supporting in an assistance to an international entity where we act as experts at the International Chamber of Commerce in London in relation to the tax implications under Mozambican tax laws on a million-dollar Services Agreement entered into between our client and a large multinational mining company.
- Assisting a media and telco company, company in the Energy sector as well as mining companies with negotiations with Government on tax aspects and in the drafting of complaints and judicial appeals against assessments of the Tax Authority.
- Advising one of the largest steel producers on the African continent on the requirements for obtaining authorization to have a bonded warehouse.
- Advising a company providing aviation services, on the regularization of non-channeled VAT and irregularities in the temporary importation of aircraft and, preparation of letters for its regularization before the tax office and customs authorities, respectively.
- Assisting oil and gas companies, construction companies, mining companies, and others, providing the client with advice in all aspects related to Mozambican taxes and tax implications arising from the company’s transactions, tax planning, due diligences, including proceeding with payments of taxes.
- Assisting in registration of investment projects at the Agency for the Promotion of Investment and Exportation (APIEX) formerly Investment Promotion Centre (CPI).
- General assistance to national and foreign clients, such as set up entities in Mozambique, registration of funds, authorization of export funds, baking regularizations, oppositions in relation to international brands, labour disciplinary proceedings, Public-Private Partnership; inventory process, enforcement proceedings, labour claims, reviewing of laws, preparation a book and report of laws, among others specific matters of the legal profession.
- SAL & Caldeira Advogados, Lda. – Lawyer/Legal Consultant for the Tax Practice Group (PG), from March 2014 to present. She was also involved in the Commercial and Corporate PG and Natural Resources PG.
- PDA – Pimenta, Dionísio e Associados Lda – Legal Consultant in all areas of law, September 2012 - March 2014.
- Williams e Associados, Lda. Trainee-Lawyer acting in all areas of law, March – September 2012.
- Center for legal practice of the Faculty of Law of the Eduardo Mondlane University – Legal Clinic – Trainee, June 2011 – March 2012.
- Faculty of Law at Eduardo Mondlane University – Assistant Lecture for the subjects of Administrative Law and Administrative Procedural Law, June 2011 – June 2012.
- IPAJ - Trainee, June 2011 – February 2012.
- Attending to Master’s degree in Business law and Corporate Governance at ISCTEM
- Degree in Law by the Faculty of Law at Eduardo Mondlane University, 2012
- Mozambican Bar Association