COVID-19 pandemic and the measures imposed by governments to limit its spread have created a number of significant issues which are of grave concern to employers in Nigeria and beyond.
Sandra provides legal services on a multitude of issues to various sectors and industries. She has also acquired significant dispute resolution experience at all levels of Nigeria’s judicial system.
With the development of her analytical, oratory and drafting skills, Sandra joined Olajide Oyewole and Co. (as it was then named) in 2001 as a Partner where she guided the growth of the firm’s practices in advertising, brand protection, broadcasting, employment and global mobility, entertainment, estate planning, hospitality, information technology, intellectual property, media and sports.
With her intellectual property background, Sandra has also helped to establish the firm’s technology practice.
Sandra has in-depth knowledge and experience in Nigeria’s creative and innovative industries, regularly structuring deals and providing legal, business and regulatory advice. She is often invited to speak at seminars and workshops in and outside Nigeria on matters pertaining to chain of title, intellectual property, Nigeria’s creative industry and digital technology.
Sandra is committed to the creation of structure within the creative and innovative industries and this includes the strengthening of Nigeria’s antipiracy and intellectual property laws and policies.
Experience has included Advising:
- Mavin Records on the intellectual property rights and employment issues arising from an investment by Kupanda Capital
- Warner Music Group on the intellectual property rights issues arising from its investment in Chocolate City
- Kudi AI on the intellectual property rights issues arising from its series A funding
- Rite Foods Ltd in respect of an audit of its numerous brand protection contracts, agreements and licenses with a multitude of 3rd parties in relation to its fast-moving consumer products and goods
- Felabration, the only global festival of its kind, on its range of legal, contractual, regulatory, brand and trademark protection, revenue generation, corporate, tax issues arising in respect of its recently concluded events in the media and entertainment sectors
- A multinational on its trade union and employment issues
- A logistics company in the aviation industry in respect of the applicable laws and regulations for the operation and use of aerial unmanned vehicles (drones) and the processing of the requisite licenses and permits
- One of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world on its data privacy issues in Nigeria’s health sector
- One of Nigeria’s largest domain name service providers on data protection, intellectual property rights and employment matters
- One of Nigeria’s largest sporting events promoters on contractual issues pertaining to the organizing of a football tournament, broadcasting and player transfer issues
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria admitted to the Nigerian Bar Association (1993)
- Obafemi Awolowo University, LL.B. (1992)
- Nigerian Law School (1993)
- 2001 to present, Partner, Olajide Oyewole LLP, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Nigeria
- 1993 to 2001, Associate, Lagos-based law firm
- Nigerian Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Lawyers Association of Nigeria
- International Trademark Association of Nigeria
On the 16th of May 2018, Sandra Oyewole, shared a presentation on “Developing a Blueprint For a Thriving Digital Economy” at the IDC CIO summit.