Many African countries are still grappling with the impact of the lockdown initiatives caused by COVID-19.1 Adapting to the health and safety protocols across Africa has meant a significant increase in the sheer volume of data being processed, particularly in the health and education sectors.
Adewumi Salami is an Associate within the firm’s Intellectual Property and Technology and Employment practices. Adewumi advises clients on a wide spectrum of intellectual property and technology transactions. He handles issues ranging from: licensing of music, use of images rights, digital distribution of works, recording and publishing matters, broadcasting and content creation issues to sports and data protection.
Adewumi has a great understanding of the intricacies of drafting and reviewing technical entertainment and media contracts, providing a bird’s-eye legal view of the potential risks to clients and the commercial solutions. He consistently delivers first-class advisory services to clients.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, a leading record label, on a multimillion dollar equity investment global strategic partnership with a major international company
- As a team member, a multinational entertainment and record label, in its investment in one of Nigeria’s major record labels
- As a team member, a film production and distribution company, on chain of title documents for its film projects including, advice on exploitation and distribution platforms
- As a team member, a film production and distribution company, on the production of a television series including, review of the production contract, drafting cast and crew agreements, location and other agreements
- As a team member, Nigeria’s largest music festival, on production and financing
- As a team member, the estate of one of Nigeria’s greatest musicians, on licensing of his music catalogue
- As a team member, the estate of one of Nigeria’s greatest musicians, on numerous stage productions including negotiating and licensing of his life story
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (2017)
- Nigerian Law School, B.L. (2017)
- University of Ilorin, LL.B. (2016)
- 2018 to date, Associate, Olajide Oyewole LLP, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Nigeria
- 2017 to 2018, NYSC Associate, Olajide Oyewole LLP, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Nigeria
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association
Drones have come a long way since conception and now provide vital functions in a number of industries. In this article, Adewumi Salami an Associate in our IPT Practice Group, examines key aspects of drones, its functions, legal and regulatory issues, costs, etc.