A Lei das Garantias Mobiliárias veio ainda a criar flexibilidade relativamente à execução das garantias, passando agora a comportar, para além da execução judicial (actual processo para execução de garantias), a execução extrajudicial que compreende qualquer forma acordada pelas partes no contrato de garantia ou no momento da execução, nomeadamente, a apropriação da coisa pelo credor e a venda directa da coisa dada em garantia.
Marla Mandlate Chade is the partner responsible for the Banking & Foreign Exchange practice group. She provides consulting services to domestic and foreign clients in various fields of law, with a focus on banking, financing and foreign exchange, assisting lenders as well as borrowers, particularly in the context of cross border transactions.
This includes drafting and negotiation of finance documents such as security documents, foreign exchange approvals for the financing, issuance of related capacity and enforceability legal opinions, among others.
She advises on regulatory matters as well as project finance, straight loans, syndicated loans, local financing and various other types of financing.
She also assists with insurance matters with focus on regulatory issues, as well as with stock exchange transactions, with an interest in legal reform.
Marla’s range of clients include local and international banks, international and national trade companies and developments banks, among others.
Experience has included advising:
- A multinational oil company with the project financing for a LNG project
- Multilateral finance institutions on the project financing for a 174 MW gas fired plant
- An investment bank on the project financing for a 40 MW gas fired plant
- A large commodities producer and exporter with debt restructuring
- A local hydropower company with an initial public offering of shares
- A health plan company with its divestment in Mozambique
- An international insurance company with a reorganization process in several countries including Mozambique
- An investment company with the establishment of a financial company in Mozambique
- Investment companies with a divestment from a real estate project in Mozambique
- An Islamic corporation with the extension of a line of credit to a Mozambican Bank
- A mining company with a financing to a company through debt and equity
- Lawyer admitted to the Mozambique Bar Association (2009)
- Intellectual Property Agent, registered with the Intellectual Property Institute of Mozambique
- Eduardo Mondlane University, graduated in law (2005)
- Eduardo Mondlane University in cooperation with the University of Lisbon, post-graduation in financial operations (2012)
- Ranked as Highly Regarded Lawyer in IFLR1000 (2021)
- 2014 to date, Partner, SAL & Caldeira Advogados, Lda., DLA Piper Africa member firm in Mozambique
- 2013, Manager, SAL & Caldeira Advogados, Lda. SAL & Caldeira Advogados, Lda., DLA Piper Africa member firm in Mozambique
- 2011 to 2012, Senior Legal Consultant SAL & Caldeira Advogados, Lda., DLA Piper Africa member firm in Mozambique
- 2009 to 2011, Legal Consultant, SAL & Caldeira Advogados, Lda., DLA Piper Africa member firm in Mozambique
- 2006 to 2007, Junior Legal Consultant, SAL & Caldeira Advogados, Lda., DLA Piper Africa member firm in Mozambique
- 2005 to 2006, Legal Consultant, Mozambican telecommunication company
- 2003 to 2004, Assistant Lecturer on Family and Descent Law, Eduardo Mondlane University
- Mozambique Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Institute of Mozambique