By Presidential Decree no. 11/2020, of 30 March, the President of the Republic of Mozambique decreed the State of Emergency, on grounds of public calamity, throughout the country, with a duration of 30 days, effective as from 0.00 a.m. on 01 April 2020 and ending at 24.00 a.m. on 30 April 2020.
Rafael Neves Banguine advises clients in the full range of labor-related issues, including advice on the conclusion, modification and termination of employment relationships as well as contesting fines imposed by labor authorities.
Rafael’s clients include: retail companies, oil and gas multinationals, local and international non-governmental organizations (NGOs), small- and medium-sized private companies operating in a variety of sectors, and some public institutions.
He assists clients with compliance with start-up and labor-related obligations, drafting of a company's human resource policies, negotiation and conclusion of collective bargaining agreements, and hiring of foreign employees.
He also has experience in legal reform, as well as in the energy sector, including the procedures for the award and management of public electricity supply contracts, public works contracts and management of public-private partnership (PPP) projects.
Experience has included advising:
- Advising and assisting a private-sector organization, drafting a proposal of the reform of the labor law and assistance with discussions with the ministry of labor, employment and social security, unions and parliamentary committees
- Advising a company in the mining sector, with an appeal regarding a fine imposed by the labor inspectorate
- Provision of legal opinion and assistance on the transfer of 21 employees due to a change of ownership of the enterprise or establishment
- Provision of assistance in relation to a strike on a company in the aviation sector, including drafting of legal opinion, correspondence to the ministry of labor, and revision of the collective bargaining agreement
- Assistance with retrenchment of employees for two local financial institutions, including meetings with employees and union
- Revision of internal policies, collective bargaining agreement and pension fund policy for a local bank
- Lawyer admitted to the Mozambique Bar Association (2016)
- Eduardo Mondlane University, Degree in Law (2003)
- Member of the Mozambique Bar Association
In this edition you can read "Alcohol and Drugs at the Workplace", "Suspension of Employment Contracts" and "New procedures for Submission of the Employees' List Sheet".
In this number you can read "Special rights of Female Employees", "Termination of Employment Contracts Due to Cessation of Activities or Extinction of Legal Person" and "The legality of Discounts upon the Termination of Employment Contract".