The coming into effect and promulgation of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) has ushered in a new and exciting era for the continent. AfCFTA aims to enhance intra-African trade by providing a complete and mutually beneficial trade agreement among Member States. It covers goods and services, investment, intellectual property rights and competition policy. On December 5, 2020, the African Union Assembly approved the start of trading under AfCFTA as of January 1, 2021.
We are fortunate to have one of the leading corporate legal teams in the Tunisian market. Our corporate lawyers provide vital assistance in almost every aspect of client’s business, from straightforward legal advice to formal business incorporation, lawsuits and liability, involving acting on M&A transactions, as well as restructuring of corporate entities.
With a meticulous attention to detail we are experienced in private investments and transactions, either for banks or private investors. We are also well versed in providing full scope due diligence reports in several sectors such as Life Sciences, Technology, Consumer Goods and Retail, Industrials, Education and Infrastructure.
Experience has included advising:
- Groupe Scolaire Rene Descartes (GSRD) in a private equity transaction (including setting up structural legal solutions to guarantee the stability of corporate governance, negotiation with new investors, drafting and reviewing investment agreement and shareholders agreement);
- PGI Holding in different services such as drafting agreements, assisting in corporate, M&A and private equity matters;
- Maersk Line SAS the world’s largest container shipping company in setting up a joint venture with a Tunisian party including the drawing up of all required agreements;
- Yazaki Group, a company in the automotive sector, in different matters including setting up an off-shore entity subsidiary and conducting a transfer of a branch of activity;
- UPSAT Group in their negotiations with investors and carrying out the necessary actions and negotiations for the pre-closing, closing and post-closing of the acquisition;
- Attijari Finance in M&A and restructuring operations of its clients;
- BASF / SOLVAY in the context of a cross-border acquisition;
- El Karama Holding in the sale of public participations in the capital of several companies (Hyundai);
- An international air cargo company on the acquisition of a stake in the capital of an airline company including legal due diligence of concession contracts and government approvals; and
- Boccard Group in the following fields: M&A, corporate law, employee conflicts, legal advice in labour law, commentary and drafting of various contracts.
- Ranked Tier 3 in Commercial, Corporate and M&A (The Legal 500, 2019)
Our guide to the issues likely to impact businesses and the key measures taken by African governments in response to COVID-19.
DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition
How private equity in Namibia has helped curb the outflow of capital, provided alternative financing options, and provided access to capital for domestic investment opportunities.