Charles is a highly accomplished senior associate in the Litigation Department of Chibesakunda & Co. in Lusaka, Zambia. With a focus on corporate and commercial litigation and dispute resolution, he consistently delivers outstanding results for his clients in complex and high-stakes cases. Charles's exceptional track record includes representing renowned regional banking institutions, insurance companies, international mine engineering conglomerates, and various other multinational conglomerates.
Drawing upon his extensive expertise, Charles has successfully navigated a wide range of legal disputes, covering areas such as banking, contract, corporate, real estate, construction, and employment law, among others. His comprehensive understanding of both substantive and procedural aspects of these matters is highly regarded, enabling him to provide unparalleled guidance to his clients.
Charles's exceptional reputation as a litigator, stems from his unwavering commitment to excellence, strategic thinking, and meticulous attention to detail. He is known for his ability to devise innovative legal strategies that consistently yield favorable outcomes for his clients. His deep understanding of local dispute resolution bodies and tribunals further enhances his ability to navigate the intricacies of the legal landscape.
- Part of the team that successfully represented an international freight and logistics company in a claim brought against it for damages for breach contract
- Successfully represented an international mining conglomerate in a defamatory claim against it. The matter was successfully dismissed prior to the commencement of trial on account of preliminary issues that were raised concerning the claimant’s pleadings before court
- Part of the team providing advice and representation of a regional banking institution on various commercial matters including an international arbitration and various court claims before the Courts of Law in Zambia
- Yalelo on the transfer of shares for internal reorganisation and in respect of inbound investment by European based private equity fund
- Novare Partners on the acquisition of land for the development of a multimillion-dollar office
- Successfully represented a road construction conglomerate in its claim for breach of contract arising out of a contract for the supply of various construction materials. Judgment was obtained in the conglomerate’s favour following trial before the commercial division of the High Court
- Representation of an international mining-engineering entity, in various labour and commercial court matters ranging from those founded on breach of contract, specific performance and unfair and unlawful dismissal
- Successfully defended a multi-national insurance conglomerate in a labour dispute involving a claim against it for unfair and/or wrongful dismissal
- Advising and representing an international development agency of a European country on a contractual dispute and resolution of the dispute by way of a settlement agreement
- Successfully represented a real estate company and obtained summary judgment in a claim by it against squatters encroaching its land in excess of 400 hectares
- Successfully defended Millennium Project Completion Agency Zambia in a multimillion-dollar contractual dispute with its contractor under a FIDIC contract. The claim was dismissed prior to trial following a preliminary issue concerning sanctity of contract and the recognition of settlement agreements by the Courts, having been raised on behalf of Millennium Project Completion Agency
- Successfully represented a non-governmental (NGO) non-profit entity in a restitutionary claim against its former Finance/Accounts Manager who had embezzled millions of Kwacha belonging to the organisation. Judgment on admission was obtained without the need of going through the trial process and an assessment of damages subsequently undertaken in favour of the NGO
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Zambia (2019)
- Zambia Institute of Advance Legal Education (ZIALE) : (2019)
- University of Zambia in collaboration with Zambia Centre for Accountancy Studies (Zambia): LLB – Commercial Law (2017)
- Member of the Law Association of Zambia