We are recognized in Zambia as one of the leading providers of legal services to the industrials and minerals sector. Our team has an in-depth knowledge of the sector and the legal issues it faces, built up through years of experience of working with our clients and understanding their needs.
We are currently advising on a number of projects, and as the demand for copper and other metals continues to grow, our team will continue to advise on the full scope of issues and requirements.
Experience has included advising:
- Access Bank Zambia Limited in relation to operations financing of Poweng Zambia Limited – the principal supplier and installer of transmission lines to Zesco
- Stanbic Bank Zambia Limited in relation to the financing of RJ Southey
- DEG and FMO in relation to the USD30 million financing of the Handyman’s Group in relation to the establishment of a 600 TPD lime plant in the Copperbelt province
- Standard Chartered Bank in relation to a USD50 million facility for Konkola Copper Mines Plc (a member of the Vedanta Group)
- Standard Bank South Africa in relation to Ndola Lime Company Limited (a subsidiary of Zambia Consolidated Copper Mines – Investment Holdings Plc) project-financing facility
- Trafigura Pte Limited in relation to pre-export financing of Zambian mining companies in respect of copper cathodes
Our guide to the issues likely to impact businesses and the key measures taken by African governments in response to COVID-19.
DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition