Our lawyers are at the forefront of advising the media, sport and entertainment industries in Zambia. This includes: finance, borrowing, investment and corporate issues, production and rights acquisitions, exploiting media rights, staging and exploiting live sports and other events, intellectual property protection and enforcement, regulatory and administrative issues, antitrust and competition law, stadium and arena development and on the resolution of disputes.
We advise leagues, clubs, franchise owners, eSports providers, broadcasters, advertisers, international and national governing bodies, rights holders, agencies and promoters, studios, distributors, event promoters, sponsors, investors, banks and other leading corporations and individuals.
Experience has included advising:
- Helios Investment Partners on the acquisition of INM Outdoor Zambia Limited
- Next Generation TV on investments in Zambia
- Sony Pictures on broadcasting laws in Zambia
- Perception Management Zambia on set-up and investment in Zambia
- Netflix in relation to Zambian broadcasting laws and set-up in Zambia
Our guide to the issues likely to impact businesses and the key measures taken by African governments in response to COVID-19.
DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition