Ever wondered how you would disinvest your business interest in Zimbabwe?
Our finance and projects team in Zambia is specifically structured to handle large and complex finance transactions and to meet clients' needs in a modern business environment.
We have handled some of the country’s largest banking transactions and are consistently called upon to act on the largest and most complex financings in Zambia. Our team is a coherent and dedicated unit that has the skills, strength and professionalism that ensure that clients achieve their objectives.
We carefully monitor the region’s rapidly developing banking laws, regulations, ordinances and decrees to ensure that clients are always well informed about the changes that could affect their business.
Every matter is treated with the same professionalism, skill and determination.
Experience has included advising:
- As local counsel to a large UK based multinational bank in relation to the USD63 million financing of Airtel Networks Zambia.
- As local counsel to Trafigura in relation to the USD50 million financing of a local mining entity.
- The International Finance Corporation in the financing of Novare in relation to the construction of the Great North Mall and acquisition of Twin Palm Mall.
- A large UK based multinational bank in relation to the financing of Gatbro Limited, a large FMCG distributor.
- Stanbic Bank in relation to the construction financing of the first successful Private Public Partnership (PPP) between the University of Zambia and a private investor.
- The International Finance Corporation in the financing of Protea Hotels in relation to the construction of the Protea Bonanza Hotel.
- Stanbic Bank in relation to the financing of Big Tree Limited, a large beverage manufacturer.
- anked Band 1 in General Business Law (Chambers & Partners 2019)
- Ranked Tier 1 in Financial and Corporate (IFLR1000 2019)