Our team is specifically structured to handle large and complex finance transactions and to meet clients’ needs in a modern business environment. We have handled some of the country’s largest banking transactions and are consistently called upon to act on the most complex financings in Zambia. Our team is a coherent and dedicated unit that has the skills, strength and professionalism that ensure that clients achieve their objectives.
We consistently and carefully monitor Zambia’s developing banking laws, regulations, ordinances and decrees to ensure that clients are always well informed about the changes that could affect their business.
Experience has included advising:
- A large multinational UK based bank and Deutsche Bank AG (joint lead managers) on Zambia’s first USD750 million sovereign bond
- Citibank on the establishment of a global depositor note program for Zambia
- Rand Merchant Bank South Africa on financing Global Plantations Limited, a leading commodity trader
- Standard Bank (South Africa) on the financing of Kafubu Mall, Cosmopolitan Mall, Jacaranda Mall and East Park Mall
- Commerzbank in relation to Zambian banking laws
"This firm maintains an impressive reputation in Zambia for its expertise in banking and finance and M&A, where it is one of the leaders in the market. The lawyers are very organized, professional and ambitious." (Chambers & Partners 2015)
Our guide to the issues likely to impact businesses and the key measures taken by African governments in response to COVID-19.
DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition
Access to financial services is a widely acknowledged tool for promoting credit creation and enhancing capital accumulation, and thereby increasing the levels of investment and economic activity. Fintech offers a transformational solution for Africa’s banking sector.
Namibia is particularly mindful of the effects of climate change, and as such has shown and continues to show its commitment to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and to do so by 2030.