Our corporate advisory lawyers have an impressive track record of advising major clients in the commercial arena and helping investors and developers set up operations in Zambia.
Our lawyers are fluent in the tax and regulatory requirements which arise in a myriad of commercial law transactions.
We are at home working for regional clients on local matters or on complex international deals and because we work across a diverse range of sectors, we have a rounded view of the market that adds more insight to the advice we give.
Experience has included advising:
- Addax-Oryz, a Swiss based company in its acquisition of Tanzania’s only oil refinery, Tanzanian and Italian Petroleum Refining Company Limited.
- A UK-based multinational bank and Deutsche Bank as joint- lead managers on Zambia’s first USD750 million sovereign bond.
- English and East African based client in the acquisition of refinery, storage, terminal and distribution facilities from SOLIMA the Malagasy national oil refinery.
- Trafigura Beheer BV on oil supply, transportation, refining and product marketing and sales in Zambia.
- "This distinguished and highly regarded law firm is active across the gamut of complex litigation and commercial law. The firm is particularly experienced in the fields of finance and energy." (Chambers & Partners 2019)
- Ranked Band 1 in General Business Law (Chambers & Partners 2019)
- Ranked Tier 1 in Financial and Corporate (IFLR1000 2019)
Our guide to the issues likely to impact businesses and the key measures taken by African governments in response to COVID-19.
DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition
How private equity in Namibia has helped curb the outflow of capital, provided alternative financing options, and provided access to capital for domestic investment opportunities.
How private equity creates values in Africa; risks and challenges for firms and investors; and promises and opportunities.