Conveyancing and real estate are one of the fastest-growing sectors in Zambia because of the impressive growth the economy continues to experience.
In this landscape, the need for experienced and knowledgeable advisors is essential.
Our team is composed of lawyers with many years experience of working on some of the largest and most complex conveyancing transactions.
Experience has included advising:
- Barclays Bank Zambia in relation to the financing of the construction of Solwezi City Mall — Solwezi's largest shopping mall
- Standard Bank of South Africa in the leveraged financing of the construction of Mukuba Mall — the Copperbelt's largest shopping mall
- Standard Bank of South Africa in the leveraged financing of the construction of Kafubu Mall — Ndola's largest shopping mall
- Stanbic Bank in relation to the construction financing of the first successful public-private partnership between the University of Zambia and a private investor
- Burnell Limited on the purchase of land for development for a mall in Kabwe
- Tilson Limited on the development of a retail shopping centre (Centro Shopping Mall) in the Kabulonga area of Lusaka
Our guide to the issues likely to impact businesses and the key measures taken by African governments in response to COVID-19.
DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition
As the articles in this issue show, the world’s second largest continent may offer real opportunities to foreign investors in real estate.