This article looks at ways in which Zambian regulatory bodies have sought to combat unfair price hikes, fake products and indeed fake news.
Litigation is a strong focus of our firm and we have extensive experience in high profile corporate cases before Zambia's national courts. We also have high level know how in alternative dispute resolution.
Our litigation department offers robust and dedicated legal representation to our clients and our lawyers have the insight and experience to proactively manage and find creative innovative solutions to any matter.
Experience has included advising:
- Luiri Gold Mines Limited on their compliance matters.
- Puma Energy in a domestic action concerning alleged environmental damage.
- CAA Import and Export Limited as claimant in proceedings before the High Court for Zambia against Bidvest Group Limited concerning allegations of tortious conduct by Bidvest Group and various subsidiary companies, including conspiracy, inducement, and interference with contractual relations.
- U&M Mining on their mining contract with Konkola Copper Mines Limited.
- Natural Valley Limited on their trademarks disputes.
ZTE in a matter against Mobile Broadband Limited for business rescue under the new provision of the Zambia Companies Act.
- Minority shareholders of major telecommunications company in derivative action before the High Court for Zambia in a claim arising out of mismanagement of company assets by directors.
- Ranked Band 1 in General Business Law (Chambers & Partners 2019)
Supply chains throughout the world have been adversely affected by the outbreak of coronavirus. Zambia has been no exception. This will particularly be exacerbated by the fact that a myriad of Southern African countries have elected to close their borders.