DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition
Conveyancing and real estate is one of the fastest growing sectors in Zambia.
It is however a difficult landscape, and the need for experienced and knowledgeable advisors is essential.
Our Conveyancing and Real Estate team is composed of lawyers who through many years of working on some of the largest and most complex of conveyancing transactions are able to provide efficient client specific solutions.
Experience has included advising:
- Pam Golding Properties Estate Agents in respect of legal opinions, preparation of legal documents, review of legal documents and commercial and residential conveyance transactions.
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) in a project transaction involving construction of 5000 housing units.
- Zimbabwean Farmers in the acquisition of land interests in Zambia for farming activities. This involved approximately 60 mainly tobacco farmers either acquiring or leasing land in various parts of Zambia.
- Infraco in the acquisition of land interests over large farm blocks to establish a small scale farmers outgrowers scheme in Zambia.
- Chayton Capital Partners in the acquisition of farming interests in Zambia.
Silverstreet Capital in the acquisition of farming interests in Zambia.
- Shoprite in the acquisition and construction of over 15 supermarkets and mini malls in Zambia.
- Altima Partners in the acquisition of various farming establishments and farming operations.
As the articles in this issue show, the world’s second largest continent may offer real opportunities to foreign investors in real estate.