This note has identified some of the legal implications of COVID-19 measures in the employment sector and what options Zambian employers may legally implement in light of the Employment Code Act No. 3 of 2019 of the laws of Zambia (the EA).
Chilombo is a Senior Associate in the Mining and Real Estate Department of Chibesakunda & Company.
Chilombo’s experience spans the breadth of mining advisory services, including, advising several international companies on the outright acquisition of local mines, structuring joint venture agreements in relation to mining and mining due diligence. Chilombo has a growing reputation for her keen understanding of the Zambian mining regulatory framework.
Chilombo also provides advice to a number of private equity funds and financial institutions in relation to debt funding to local real estate projects and large public sector infrastructure development.
Experience has included advising:
- An international private equity fund in relation to the USD7 million acquisition of agricultural land
- China Development Bank and China Export and Import Bank in relation to multimillion dollar financing of large public sector infrastructure projects
- SEW Trident (Zambia) Private Limited on the structuring of a number of joint venture mining exploration and operation agreements in Zambia
- Zamanco Holdings Limited in structuring of various mining transactions and the dissolution of the company’s subsidiaries in Zambia
- DEG and FMO in relation to the USD30 million financing and restructuring of the Handyman's Group 600 TPD lime factory
- Xplore Mining Limited in establishment of its greenfield non-ferrous metal mining operations
- Trafigura PTE Limited on the applicable regulatory framework for its mineral trading operations in Zambia
- A China based multinational corporation in respect of the proposed multi-million dollar auction acquisition of a local mining house
- African Properties Investments Limited, a Mauritius based property holding company, on the competition law implications on the disposal of its interest in a Zambia domiciled entity
- Advocate admitted to the Supreme Court of Zambia (2016)
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Zambia (2013)
- University of Cape Town, LL.M. (2016)
- Zambia Institute of Advance Legal Education (ZIALE) (2013)
- University of Zambia, LL.B. (2011)
- Member of the Law Association of Zambia