Our lawyers in Zambia advise on the purchase and sale of existing power assets, as well as on the siting, development, permitting and financing of power projects, both thermal and renewable.
We act for governments, sponsors and lenders across a range of matters, from the development, construction and financing of power projects to issues related to transmission and distribution networks.
Experience has included advising:
- Itezhi Tezhi Power Corporation Limited a Private Public Partnership between Zesco Limited and the Tata Africa Group in relation to the USD130 million financing of a 150 MW Hydro Power Station.
- A large UK based multinational bank on the recurring annual ZESCO financing.
- Standard Bank of South Africa and Stanbic Bank as arrangers in the USD120 million financing of Copperbelt Energy Corporation
- Standard Chartered Bank in relation to the USD120 million financing of Zesco Limited
- Rand Merchant Bank in the USD23 million capital raise for Puma Energy Zambia Plc
- Maamba Collieries in the USD300 million financing in relation to the construction and establishment of the 300 MW coal fired power plant
- Western Power Company Limited on the establishment of a 40 MW hydro power plant
Lufubu Hydro in relation to the establishment of an independent power plant.