John is an Associate with Chibesakunda & Company who works in dispute resolution, with a particular focus on real estate, employment and shareholder dispute resolution.
John has significant experience of both litigation and arbitration, having acted for clients including international companies, large financial institutions and third party funders in high value disputes crossing a broad range of sectors.
Experience has included advising:
- As a member of the team representing the Eastern and Southern African Development Bank in ongoing arbitral proceedings before the COMESA Court
- Millennium Challenge Account Zambia Limited in arbitration proceedings on a dispute relating to the Grant Agreement entered into with a Zambian registered company for implementation of the Lusaka Water Supply Sanitation and Drainage Project
- Citibank Zambia Limited in arbitration proceedings in respect of a dispute arising from a real estate relationship
- Lunsemfwa Hydro Power Company Limited in an arbitration matter on breach of a Power Supply Agreement by a Zambian registered mining company
- FedEx Zambia Limited on a dispute against a Zambian registered real estate company involving real estate property in Lusaka
- Sanlam Life Insurance Zambia Limited in various employment disputes commenced by its former employees
- Dr Potter’s Zambia Limited in a dispute with the Ministry of Health relating to a proposed licence for the cultivation of medicinal marijuana
- Nanga Farms PLC on a real estate dispute with the Zambian Ministry of Finance
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Zambia (2015)
- Advocate admitted to the Supreme Court of Zambia (2018)
- Zambia Institute of Advance Legal Education (ZIALE) (2015)
- University of Zambia (Zambia), LL.B. (2012)
- Member of the Law Association of Zambia