Karen is an associate in the conveyancing and mining departments at Chibesakunda&Co.
She has experience in mining transactions involving joint ventures, competition and consumer protection compliance, property transfers and corporate reorganizations, corporate finance and conducting due diligences.
Experience has included advising:
- Development Bank of Southern Africa in various corporate financing and Restructuring
- Lubambe Copper Mines in relation to conducting a due diligence for an IPO and Vendor Due Diligence
- Maryland Global Initiative Corporation in relation to review of contracts
- Export Credit Bank Norway in relation to a financing of a solar pump project
- Citibank Zambia Limited in relation to their day to day operations and compliance queries
- DEG and FMO in relation to the restructuring of the US$30m debt to Handymans Group
- KCB Group in relation to a due diligence report of multiple financial institutions for a potential purchase
- Geiya Limited in relation to a potential Joint Venture Agreements
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Zambia (2019)
- Zambia Institute of Advance Legal Education (ZIALE) : (2019)
- University of Lusaka (Zambia) : LLB (2017)
- Member of the Law Association of Zambia