The confinement decision taken by the Tunisian authorities in response to the spread of the coronavirus has forced companies and all economic actors to reorganize their way of working by adopting teleworking, and also obliging them to change their ways of doing and thinking in order to adapt to this new and unprecedented situation.
Monia Sfaxi is a Lead Lawyer with El Ajeri Lawyers – EAL. She is specialized in business and economic law. She assists clients in restructuring, mergers and acquisitions of private companies, investment agreements and private equity related to several sectors such as Real Estate, Financial Services and Life Sciences.
She assists companies in the organization of their distribution networks (negotiation and drafting of international master franchise agreements). She also advises on setting up distribution reports to facilitate contractual relationships. And she is involved in management and use of trademarks, other distinctive signs, litigating infringement and unfair competition, prevention of restrictive practices of competitiveness as well as amicable or judicial termination of economic relationships.
Experience has included advising:
- Groupe Scolaire Rene Descartes (GSRD), an organization recognized by the French Ministry of National Education in a private equity transaction (including setting up structural legal solutions to guarantee the stability of the governance of GSRD, negotiation with new investors (funds) drafting and reviewing investment agreement and shareholders agreement
- An international pharmaceutical company with different matters, including real estate (negotiation of lease agreement and drafting a new lease agreement) and legal assistance in the context of a real estate transaction
- PGI HOLDING with different services such as drafting agreements, assisting in corporate, M&A and private equity matters
- Attorney-at-law admitted with the Appeal Court of Tunis (2005)
- Admitted to the Tunisian Bar (1998)
- University of Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne, Postgraduate Diploma in Economic Law (1996)
- University of Paris I Panthéon, High Degree in Commercial Law (1995)
- University of Paris II Panthéon Assas, Master’s Degree (1994)
- University of Paris II Panthéon Assas, Bachelor’s Degree in Law (1993)
- 2014 to date, Lead Lawyer, El Ajeri Lawyers – EAL, DLA Piper Africa in Tunisia
- 2005 to 2014, Senior Lawyer, Tunis based law firm
- 2000-2005, Lawyer, law firm based in Tunis
- 1999 to 2000, Lawyer, company based in Tunis
- 1998 to 1999, Lawyer, law firm based in Tunis
- Treasurer of the association of students’ Parents of the French school Jean Giono Bizerte
- President of the association students’ Parents of the French school Jean Giono Bizerte
- Scrutineer of the elections of the representatives of the assembly of French people abroad
- Consul of France in Bizerte