El Ajeri Lawyers - EAL
1. Purpose of this policy
2. Who are we and what do we do
3. How to contact us
4. What personal information do we collect
5. Purpose and legal bases for using your personal information
6. Sharing your personal information
7. Where we transfer your personal information to
8. Confidentiality and security of your personal information
El Ajeri Lawyers - EAL is a professional limited liability company registered in Tunisia, authorised by the National Bar Association in Tunisia and which provides, from its place of business at 04, Mahmoud El Materi Street, Mutuelle Ville, Tunis 1002, Tunisia, a full spectrum of legal services and works in several practice areas of Business law.
El Ajeri Lawyers - EAL is a member of DLA Piper Africa, a Swiss Verein whose members are comprised of independent law firms in Africa working with DLA Piper.
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: (00216) 71288251 / 70241446
Fax : (00216) 71892525
We may collect personal information in the course of our business, when you contact us or request information from us, when you engage our Services or as a result of your relationship with one or more of our staff and clients. When we require personal information from you in order to fulfil a statutory or contractual requirement, or where such information is necessary to enter into a contract or is otherwise an obligation, we will inform you and indicate the consequences of failing to do so.
Our processing of personal information is justified by a "legal basis", that is, a specific condition:
- Organic Law on the protection of personal Data – 2004-63
- Law n°89-87 relating to the organization of the profession of Lawyers
- Decree – Law n°2011-79 organizing the profession of Lawyers
- Council of Europe Convention 108 / 108+ on the protection of personal data
We may use personal information for the following purposes, in each case as justified by a legal basis:
Fulfilment of services
We use personal information to enable us to perform the Services, respond to your requests and deliver our Services, to provide legal advice and related Services for which you have engaged us, verify your identity, and carry out requests made by you in relation to our Services.
We use personal information to provide the Services, to communicate with you about your use of the Services, to respond to your inquiries, to provide troubleshooting, to fulfil your requests, to bill you for our Services, to collect payments, to respond to complaints and inquiries, to provide technical support, and to provide other client service and support.
Business administration and legal compliance
We use personal information for the following business administration and legal compliance purposes:
- To perform and maintain information for the purposes of performing conflicts of interest searches.
- To comply with our legal obligations (including Know Your Client, Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery, conflicts or similar obligations including, but without limitation, maintaining regulatory insurance).
- To enforce our legal rights. To settle inquiries or disputes.
- To comply with any applicable law, court order, other judicial process, law enforcement requests or the requirements of a regulator.
- To enforce our agreements with you.
- To protect the rights, property or safety of us or third parties, including our other clients and users of our Services.
- To maintain our records.
- To process business transaction data, such as in connection with a merger, or a restructuring, or sale.
- To use as otherwise required or permitted by law, consistent with these purposes.
We may appoint sub-contractor data processors as required to deliver the Services, such as, without limitation, document processing and translation services, confidential waste disposal, IT systems or software providers, IT Support service providers, and document and information storage providers, who will process personal information on our behalf and at our direction. We conduct an appropriate level of due diligence and put in place contractual documentation in relation to any sub-contractor to ensure that they process personal information appropriately and according to our legal and regulatory obligations.
Further, we may appoint external data controllers where necessary to deliver the Services (for example, but without limitation, accountants, attorneys, consultants and other third party experts including, but without limitation, other DLA Piper practicing entities and/or DLA Piper Africa member firms as well as other law firms). When doing so, we will comply with our legal and regulatory obligations in relation to the personal information including, but without limitation, putting appropriate safeguards in place.
We may also share personal information with a variety of the following categories of third parties as necessary:
- Our professional advisers, such as lawyers and accountants.
- Government and/or regulatory authorities.
- Professional indemnity insurers.
- Regulators, tax authorities and/or corporate registries.
- Third parties to whom we outsource certain services, such as, without limitation, document processing and translation services, IT systems or software providers, IT Support service providers, and document and information storage providers.
- Third parties engaged in connection with our Services, such as counsel, arbitrators, mediators, clerks, witnesses, court reporters, court, Bailiff, opposing party and their lawyers, document review platforms and experts, such as tax advisors.
EL AJERI LAWYERS - EAL is located in Tunisia, when you submit personal information to us, or when others provide personal information to us, we will receive it and process it in Tunisia.
In order to provide the Services, we also may need to transfer your personal information to locations in other jurisdictions.
If you are based within the European Union/European Economic Area (EEA), please note that where necessary to deliver the Services, we will transfer personal information to countries outside the EEA. Countries outside the EEA may not provide an adequate level of protection for your personal information.
For more information on how we protect your information please contact us at [email protected].
We are committed to keeping personal information secure and we have implemented appropriate information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. Please note that no transmission over the Internet is completely secure or error-free, and that the information security policies, rules and technical measures utilized and maintained by us may be subject to compromise.
All of our partners, employees, consultants, workers and data processors (i.e., those who process your personal information on our behalf, for the purposes listed above), who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of such personal information.