Luís Filipe Carvalho is the Founding Partner of Advogados Carvalho & Associados (ADCA). He is a highly-recognized lawyer, advising in the context of the structuring of investment projects in Angola, on commercial and corporate law, banking and finance, public law and real estate (including cross-border transactions) and project finance.
His acclaimed business-oriented advice is rooted upon his deep management know-how, multijurisdictional experience and constant involvement in complex deals.
Luís Filipe has participated in several legislative reforms and is a permanent representative of UALP (Union of Portuguese-Speaking Lawyers).
Luís Filipe is recommended by the most relevant international directories, and he is admitted to the Angolan and Portuguese Bar Associations.
- Lawyer admitted to the Angolan Bar Association
- Lawyer admitted to the Portuguese Bar Association
- University of Lisbon, Law School, Law Degree (1990)
- Recognized as Leading Lawyer, Highly Regarded by IFLR (2019)
- Founding Partner, Advogados Carvalho & Associados (ADCA), DLA Piper Africa member firm in Angola
- 2007 to present, Partner, DLA Piper ABBC (previously ABBC)
- 1992 to 2000, Associate, DLA Piper ABBC (previously ABBC)
- 1990 to1992, Trainee Lawyer, DLA Piper ABBC (previously ABBC)
- 2010 to 2018, Founding Partner, CJLP – Community of Portuguese Speaking Jurists
- Angolan Bar Association
- Portuguese Bar Association
- Board member of DLA Piper Africa
- Board member of DLA Piper EMEA
As part of the privatization programme in force in Angola (PROPRIV), the President of the Republic, through four Presidential Orders, has recently determined four state transactions.
ADCA has prepared a comprehensive guide to anaylse the rules and measures applied during COVID-19. This guide will be updated periodically in accordance with the new laws of the State of Emergency in Angola.