DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition
Our real estate lawyers in Angola offer a full range of services in areas including acquisitions and disposals, construction law, financing, commercial real estate, land use, planning and development, leasing, environmental law, insurance and tax.
We have consolidated experience in real estate with a high degree of specialization in the sector. We assist, among others, medium and large Angolan, foreign and multinational companies, institutional and private investors, construction companies and contractors, developers, consultants, asset valuations and audits, owners and tenants of residential, office, industry and commercial buildings, shopping centers and malls, hotels, multi-residential developments and mixed-use developments.
Real estate has emerged as an attractive long-term investment for investors seeking diversification and stable yields within an uncertain economy. These investors now have needs that transcend borders resulting in the emergence of a global real estate industry.
Our clients benefit from our significant experience in the Angolan market orchestrating complex, long-term projects that involve drafting documentation, facilitating negotiations, navigating legal and regulatory issues and, when necessary, litigating on their behalf.
Experience has included advising:
- In the management of an office tower having as tenants banks, airlines companies and consultants, with lease and use and management agreements;
- On a tower real estate development with offices and twenty floors of apartments for sale or rent;
- In the development of a ceramic factory with real estate and corporate issues;
- A bank in defining their retail finance business with mortgage credit agreements for the acquisition of real estate assets by the bank's clients;
- Angola’s largest bank in their legal model for documentation of all real estate assets;
- An Embassy on the acquisition of multiple real estate assets, including the asset to be leased for new premises;
- In the execution of different bank financing operations for real estate developments with the acquisition of the land, construction, sale, lease or exploitation of real estate buildings for residential, offices, industry, shopping and factories;
- An Angolan real estate group in real estate investment and divestment, with due diligence, licensing, horizontal ownership, buying and selling, leasing, financing operations and negotiations with crediting banks, structuring guarantees, namely mortgages, letters of comfort, security and bank guarantees; and
- A leading concept plan and fit out company in office buildings with drafting and negotiation of EPC contracts, joint venture agreements, consortium and corporate grouping agreements under real estate developments, supervision agreements and public tenders.
- Awarded “Best Real Estate Law Firm in Angola” for the fourth consecutive year (Euromoney Real Estate Awards, 2016-2019)
As the articles in this issue show, the world’s second largest continent may offer real opportunities to foreign investors in real estate.