Our guide to the issues likely to impact businesses and the key measures taken by African governments in response to COVID-19.
The infrastructure, construction and transportation sector is strategic for Angola and should continue to grow substantially in the coming years.
Our lawyers are at the forefront of the sector, working with clients who invest in, own, operate, manage or provide services to infrastructure assets. We represent national and international clients in relevant infrastructure projects in Angola, with considerable experience in this sector.
From the roads which transport our goods, to the telecommunications which keep us connected, world class infrastructure provides the foundations to create jobs, grow business and connect people with essential services.
Our experience spans public transport, energy, waste, water, healthcare as well as social infrastructure and leisure, rail, roads, bridges, aviation, shipping and ports, among others.
Experience has included advising:
- The Angolan government in the context of an electrification project in a large rural part of the country with an international financing operation;
- In the context of a railway development project, with the corporate structuring for the purpose;
- In the context of operational projects for several hospitals and medical centers in the country, with assistance in the public tenders and the creation of PPPs;
- An international engineering company regarding the construction of the new Luanda airport;
- In the context of the drafting and negotiation of an EPC agreement model awarded by the Angolan government for the construction of roads, streets, lighting and electricity, water and sewage infrastructure in one of Angola's most important cities, including the incorporation of the corporate model through a consortium between two of the largest national construction companies; and
- In the context of the planning and construction of an industrial park with three beverage manufacturing plants (water, milk, beer).
DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition